FREE SHIPPING OVER 550 INR | REGISTER AND GET 5% OFF ON YOUR FIRST ORDER
certification and processes
OUR ORGANIC CERTIFICATION
Goodness is purity. Goodness is organic. Goodness is zero nasties. While we’ve packed our products with a whole lot of organic and natural ingredients, we’ve gone one step further with an organic certification, which because of its stringent compliances, is known to be one of the hardest certifications to get.
goodness.me’s baby skincare products are COSMOS ORGANIC certified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE according to COSMOS Standard. This means that every aspect of making these products – from ingredient sourcing to product formulations, to manufacturing processes, to even our product labels – meets the most rigorous criteria set by these two bodies, bringing forth the best possible products for your baby and you.
The certification is critical because we want to be completely transparent with you. While many brands claim to be organic or natural, they often don’t have much to support their claims – leaving a lingering doubt in your mind. With this certification process, we aim to give you a guarantee. A guarantee of [unbiased] verification. So you can rest assured knowing that when we say organic, we mean it!
WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO GET CERTIFIED
Here are some of the things we need to do to get our COSMOS ORGANIC certification by ECOCERT GREENLIFE according to COSMOS Standard.
From a manufacturing point of view:
- Provide a ‘handler organic plan’ to ECOCERT (this entails detailing out how we handle all organic materials and also how we clean our manufacturing equipment)
- Provide organic certificates for each organic ingredient used in making our products (this covers every raw material from each and every supplier!)
- Provide a map of the manufacturing facility (this includes clearly demarcating where we make and keep organic ingredients and final products)
- Provide a quality assurance plan
- Provide extensive record keeping and logs (to ensure traceability of the product through the supply chain – from receipt of raw materials to dispatch of finished products; this is done to maintain the ‘organic’ integrity of the product through the different stages in the system)
- Get our manufacturing facility audited once a year by inspectors from Ecocert Greenlife(to ensure we adhere to these high standards on a continuous basis and not just as a one-time activity)
From a packaging and communication point of view:
- Ensure all our pack labels comply with stipulated rules as laid out by ECOCERT and COSMOS
- Ensure all our packaging material is approved by them (their rules specify that we avoid use of unnecessary packaging material – a key reason our products do not come in boxes)
- Ensure all our communication is in line with their guidelines (so we don’t over-promise like regular brands tend to)
We strongly believe that our globally accepted organic certification is reflective of our commitment to transparency and accountability to you, so you have no doubt that the baby skincare products you purchase are jam-packed with 100% goodness.
ECOCERT is an organic certification organization, founded in France in 1991. It is based in Europe but conducts inspections in over 80 countries, making it one of the largest organic certification organizations in the world. Specialising in the certification of organic agricultural products, ECOCERT was the first certification body to develop standards for natural and organic cosmetics. It soon became a benchmark in organic certification worldwide, winning the confidence of consumers and professionals. ECOCERT strives to promote the use of ingredients derived from renewable resources and production and manufacturing processes that are environmentally safe. It is accredited in accordance with the ISO 17065 standard, and their certification standards now fall under the broader COSMOS-standard set forth in early 2017.
COSMOS stands for "COSMetic Organic and Natural Standard", which sets certification requirements for organic and natural cosmetic products. The standard is recognized globally by the cosmetic industry. By adhering to specific guidelines, cosmetics marketers can use COSMOS signatures, which are registered trademarks on packaging to confirm the products meet industry requirements to be considered organic or natural. There are four main certification signatures that comprise the COSMOS-standard, which are for ORGANIC, NATURAL, COSMOS CERTIFIED and COSMOS APPROVED products. From these the ORGANIC signature is by far the most stringent and most difficult to achieve, making it an even prouder milestone for us to have achieved, all to drive one goal: truly bringing you a range of products that are super-safe and super-effective.